Thursday, October 18, 2012

Future Missionary

    That's right world, this girl is going on a mission.  Here's a little background information to get you caught up on my life.  So, I had pretty much decided I wanted to go to BYU next semester, which seemed like the perfect decision for me, and I still think it is...  But not next semester.  When President Monson announced that every worthy young woman would be able to serve at 19, my heart stopped.  Never in a million years did I think I would serve a mission before I was 65, but here was a perfect opportunity, a blessing actually.  The prompting that I needed to serve hit me strongly and I knew Heavenly Father was answering my prayers on what do with the next few years of my life.  I called my bishop that night and started my papers on last Monday.  I get to turn them in some time next week!
     As I think about serving a mission, I feel so incredibly blessed by my Heavenly Father.  He knows my heart perfectly and knows what I can do.  I am so excited to preach the Lord's gospel to all the world and hopefully touch the life of someone while I'm gone for 18 months.

 Here's my new life plan:.
  1. Finish out the Fall 2012 semester at USU (time needs to move faster!)
  2. Work until I leave on my mission.
  3. Go on a mission (hopefully I'll leave in March.)
  4. Come back in time for Fall 2014 semester at BYU (by the way, I was admitted yesterday and I can officially call myself a cougar!)
  5. Study and work as hard as I possibly can and hopefully graduate in 2016 or 2017.
  6. Hopefully get married somewhere in there.
  7. Start a family.
  8. Live happily ever after.
Can you believe that I actually grew up?
Me neither. 

2 comments: